Joining our club is easy and not expensive. £20 per year
- Reduced cost of coached swim training £3 at Repton instead of £5 for non-members;
- Use of club equipment; The club has road bikes in various sizes, winter training turbos, swimming tempos, training fins, agility paddles and pull buoys
- Access to shedloads of experience of triathlon racing and training;
- New member’s welcome pack and individualised membership card entitling you to discounts in sport retailers
- 12 month membership (and 15 months membership if joining after Sept 1).
- Access to individualised coaching advice from Triathlon England trained Coaches
- Social events (excluding any ticket costs)
- And for 2014 – a MVH Swim Hat and MVH Transition towel
“MVH is a really friendly and supportive club. It was as if I had been a member for years”
“Without the support of the MVH coaches I would not have achieved what I have in triathlon – a GB age grouper racing in Europe”
“They even loaned me a quality road bike to give me an idea of what a racing bike felt like – well different to my old mountain bike!”
The best way to find out if you want to join is to come along to the Saturday morning swimming sessions or the Sunday morning cycle rides or the Tuesday running night and that way you can see if you like the training session before deciding to join.
Swimming: We offer one free ‘come and tri’ session to newcomers at the Saturday morning swim session only. In subsequent sessions, if you like it, we will then ask you to either join the club or thereafter pay the higher non-member session fees. You will be allowed up to 3 sessions at the non-member rate then you will be required to join the club (see Swimming below for fee information and the swim section on the website).
Bike training sessions: You can also attend the bike sessions which are free at weekends, 2 cycle rides depart Barton Waterfront 0900hrs every Sunday. Take a look at the cycling section on the website.
Running sessions: Every Tuesday at 6pm outside Bannatynes, MVHers set of for a 1 hour interval run. All abilities welcome, as faster runners loop around at the interval distances which works well for those still working on fast legs! More info on the run section on the website
Swimming – Pool Swim Coaching
1. Coached pool sessions are held throughout the year on on Saturday mornings between 7:00am & 8:30am at Repton School Swimming Pool, Repton, Derbyshire, DE65 6FH. A charge of £3 applies to members and £5 to non-members.
Swimming – Open Water (April/May through to September)
Open water swimming is held twice a week.
- Wednesday evenings 6.30pm to 7.30pm and
- Saturday mornings between 9:30-11:30am
Open Water swimming at the Lavender Patch, Uttoxeter Rd, Hilton, Derby DE65 5FZ
Tuesdays nights, 1800hrs to 1900hrs. Meet outside Bannatynes, Eighth Ave, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire DE14 2WG
For more details of training sessions and locations, take a look at the training schedule page of this website. Or if you prefer, if you would like to chat about the club or the sport of triathlon please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Becoming a member – subscriptions
Membership subscriptions for the season are normally due on 1st February to the last day of January each year. If you join after September your membership fee includes the remaining months of that year and the next full year.
There are two methods to apply to join MVH:
Join online (easiest way to join)
Click to join online at the rates shown below.
Alternatively Join by email contact (direct to the membership secretary)
Please fill in the Membership Application Form (will open in a new window) and send to:
Sarah Clark, Membership Secretary,
Meynell Valley Hunters Triathlon Club,
via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
(The membership fee can be paid online (easiest way) or by cheque – made payable to “MVH Tri Club” . (A cheque can be handed in at the Saturday morning Repton Pool swim session or in summer at any of the open water swim sessions).
All profits generated by the operation of the club are re-invested into the club’s operation and development.
Membership – rates
Membership packages currently on offer:
- Standard membership £20 per annum.
- Junior Section – £5 per annum.
Please note – Entry fees to races are not included in the above packages. Members must pay separately for race entry fees and British Triathlon Fees. When racing for Meynell Valley Hunters, please use the Club full name of ‘Meynell Valley Hunters Triathlon Club‘ or the abreviated name of ‘Meynell Valley Hunters‘ or ‘MVH Tri Club‘ on race entry forms.
Note on club kit: Although we would prefer all our club athletes to wear the club kit for races it is not essential. Just as long as you enter any races as a Meynell Valley Hunters Triathlon Club Member.
Meynell Valley Hunters Triathlon Club is a ‘British Triathlon Federation’ affiliated club, so membership gives you the benefit of reduced rates for British Triathlon events.